You know the feeling: You’ve been scrolling through social media for hours, your mind is racing, and you can’t seem to focus on anything. If this sounds familiar, you might need to try some mindfulness exercises. In this article, we’ll give you five mindfulness exercises that you can try tonight to help you relax and focus.
Try these Mindfulness Exercises today
1. One mindfulness exercise you can try tonight is to focus on your breath. Sit in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Focus your attention on your breath and count each inhale and exhale. If your mind starts to wander, gently bring your attention back to your breath.
2. Another mindfulness exercise you can try is to focus on your senses. Pay attention to what you see, hear, smell, taste, and feel. Notice the colors around you, the sounds you hear, the smells in the air, the taste of your food or drink, and the sensations you feel in your body.
3. You can also try a mindfulness exercise called “body scan”. Start by focusing on your toes and slowly work your way up to your head, paying attention to each part of your body as you go. Notice any sensations you feel in your body and focus on breathing deeply.
4. Listen to a piece of music and really pay attention to it. Try to identify all of the different instruments that you can hear. Notice how the music makes you feel.
5. Eat a piece of food slowly and pay attention to the taste, texture, and smell of it. Notice how it feels in your mouth and how it makes you feel as you chew and swallow it.