What is mindfulness?

What is mindfulness?

Mindfulness is the practice of purposely bringing one’s attention in the present moment without judgment,[1][2][note 1][3][4] a skill one develops through meditation or other training.[2][5][6] Mindfulness derives from sati, a significant element of Buddhist traditions,[7][8] and based on Zen, Vipassanā, and Tibetan meditation techniques.[9][10][note 2] Though definitions and techniques of mindfulness are wide-ranging,[16] Buddhist traditions explain what constitutes mindfulness such as how past, present and future moments arise and cease as momentary sense impressions and mental phenomena.[7][17][18] Individuals who have contributed to the popularity of mindfulness in the modern Western context include Thích Nhất Hạnh, Herbert Benson, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Richard J. Davidson,[19][20][21] and Sam Harris.

Mindfulness-practice[edit]

Mindfulness as a practice is described as:

• “Mindfulness is a way of paying attention that originated in Eastern meditation practices”[102]
  • “Paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally”[1][note 1]
  • “Bringing one’s complete attention to the present experience on a moment-to-moment basis”[1]

According to Steven F. Hick, mindfulness practice involves both formal and informal meditation practices, and nonmeditation-based exercises.[103] Formal mindfulness, or meditation, is the practice of sustaining attention on body, breath or sensations, or whatever arises in each moment.[103] Informal mindfulness is the application of mindful attention in everyday life.[103] Nonmeditation-based exercises are specifically used in dialectical behavior therapy and in acceptance and commitment therapy. [103]

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

So Guys This was Wikipedia Definition of Mindfulness, We will be going through all the problems from this blogs and techniques to be mindful, the number of techniques i will be describing in this Blog are practically performed by anyone and feel free to comment on any post if you have any query or suggestion !

After reading Countless books and articles and listening to hundreds of hours of sessions on meditation, mindfulness I will be pour what I got In this Blogs 🙂 So Don’t forget to bookmark the website ,

Be Mindful 🙂

Leave a Reply